For the press
Images of the new banknotes can be downloaded from links further down on this page. Credit must be given to Norges Bank for use of all images. For high-resolution images of the banknotes' obverse and reverse sides marked "specimen", please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all reproduction of Norwegian banknotes is subject to strict guidelines to avoid the risk of confusion with genuine notes, and to protect the Bank's copyright. See Guidelines for the reproduction of Norwegian banknote and coin designs.
- For facts about the banknotes: material, design, production, printing and costs, see About the new notes
- For background information about why Norges Bank is issuing new banknotes and why cash is still being used, see Why new banknotes?
- For background on the selection of the sea as the theme, see On the choice of theme and motifs
- For information on when the new banknotes will be put into circulation, see When will the banknotes be launched?
- For information on what will happen to the old banknotes, see What to do with old banknotes
- For data on cash in circulation, see Statistics on notes and coins
Bård Ove Molberg
Tel: +47 950 21 523
Tel: +47 988 48 644