Who can apply?
Applicants must be Norwegian citizens or EEA-citizens with affiliation to Norway. Admission to top-ranked PhD programs in economics requires exceptional academic results.
Applicants must fulfill the following minimum criteria to be considered for the internship.
- The applicant is a Norwegian national, or an EEA- national who is a resident of Norway and has employee status in Norway.
- The application and documentation is complete and accurate and received by the deadline. Requirements for the application are set forth in the application form.
Applicants must fulfill the following minimum criteria to be considered for the scholarship. In addition to fulfilling these criteria, applicants will be subject to the Norges Bank Scholarship Committee's (NBSC) discretionary evaluation subject to the mandate for the committee.
1. The applicant is a Norwegian national, or an EEA-national who is a resident of Norway and has resided in Norway for a continuous period of at least five years prior to the time of application. And;
a. has employee status in Norway; or
b. has a permanent residence in Norway; or
c. is a spouse/cohabitant with a child of a person mentioned in a) or b).
2. The applicant has been accepted at a top-ranked PhD program in economics at one of the education establishments listed in section 3.1 or another equally top-ranked PhD program at a comparable institution.
3. The application and documentation are complete and accurate and received by the deadline. Requirements for the application are set forth in the application form.
Jannike Haneborg, Tel. +47 22 31 60 35
Knut Are Aastveit, Tel. +47 22 31 61 21
Internships and PhD scholarships are announced via Vacancies on Norges Bank's website.
Application deadline for internships is 1 December each year.
Application deadline for PhD scholarships is 1 April each year.
Eyo Ildahl Herstad
Kaja Kierulf, Erling Skancke and Jonas Tungodden
Ella Getz Wold and Sigmund Ellingsrud
Gro Mæle Liane, Mathis Mæhlum and Vegard Mokleiv Nygård