Working group on alternative reference rates (ARR)
About the working group
Reference rates play a critical role in the global financial system. Large values are linked to these interest rates through various financial products and financial contracts. In response to revelations of attempts to manipulate global reference rates and a decline in activity in the unsecured interbank market following the financial crisis, the G20, under the auspices of the Financial Stability Board (FSB), launched an initiative to reform interest rate benchmarks.
In response to the FSB's recommendations and the work in other countries in this area, Norges Bank has decided, after consultation with the financial industry, to establish a working group on alternative reference rates in NOK. The working group comprises representatives of Norwegian banks and foreign branches with good insight into the relevant Norwegian markets and the use of Norwegian reference rates. The first part of the working group's work will consist of putting forward proposals on possible alternative reference rates and identify the conditions that must be in place for a successful transition to the alternative reference rate(s). Subsequently, the working group will work on how such a rate can be implemented as a reference rate.
New deadline for comments and feedback regarding The Consultation Report is 1 December 2018.
Any questions can be addressed to the secretariat by e-mail ARR@norges-bank.no
- 20 November 2018 - Open meeting presentations (in Norwegian) (PDF 2.3 Mb)
- 24 September 2018 - Agenda (PDF 16.9 Kb)
- 21 August 2018 - Bloomberg's presentation (PDF 257.0 Kb)
- 21 August 2018 - Minutes (PDF 19.6 Kb)
- 21 August 2018 - Agenda (PDF 17.2 Kb)
- 12 June 2018 - Minutes (PDF 18.5 Kb)
- 12 June 2018 - Agenda (PDF 17.6 Kb)
- 24 April 2018 - Minutes (PDF 21.2 Kb)
- 24 April 2018 - Agenda (PDF 22.5 Kb)