Norges Bank Spring Institute
Since 2010, Norges Bank Research organizes the annual Norges Bank Spring Institute. During the workshop, researchers from Norges Bank get together for two days at the bank's mountain lodge Venastul to present their own work and comment on each other's work in a relaxed and open atmosphere, while leaving some time to enjoy the snow and the mountains as well.
In addition, a distinguished external guest is invited to open the workshop with a talk, and to lift the quality of the discussion to an even higher level. Since the start of this tradition, the following guests have joined the Norges Bank researchers:
- 2010: Marco Del Negro (Federal Reserve Bank of New York)
- 2011: No keynote speaker
- 2012: Anders Vredin (Sveriges Riksbank)
- 2013: Vincenzo Quadrini (University of Southern California)
- 2014: Jesper Lindé (Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve)
- 2015: Martin Eichenbaum (Northwestern University)
- 2016: Juan Rubio Ramirez (Emory University)
- 2017: James Stock (Harvard University)
For the coming two editions, these guests are confirmed:
- 2018: Egon Zakrajsek (Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve)
- 2019: Gianluca Violante (Princeton University)
The 2018 edition will take place 5-7 March.